Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Fun Valentine

This is what I made for my son's school office for Valentine's Day.  It was so much fun watching them try to figure out how to get to the candy!

Here are a couple of pictures:


You cut a "door" in an empty 2 liter pop bottle.  Then pour in you candy and/or little gifts.

I used Hobby Lobby Vanlentine paper and ribbon from my stash.

I had to use my glue gun to get the paper to really stick.

I used Make-the-Cut software to design and cut my hearts.  I then ran them through my Xyron sticker maker, then laid them sticky side up and then poured Martha Stewart glitter all over them.  The adhesive hold the glitter perfectly.

I mad the flowers using a Spellinbinder spiral flower die cut.  I bought mine from Stampingscrapping.

I used sparkled vellum paper I had bought years ago knowing that I would have a use for it at some time or another and I did!

Once the die is cut you start rolling it from the outside edge.  When you are through rolling use your glue gun to put down some adhesive on the "tail" and gently push the center of the flower into the glue.

The first flower I rolled fairly loose and for the middle part I cut another flower and rolled it much tighter.  I put some glue from my glue gun in the middle of the first flower and then gently pushed the rolled flower from my hand into the middle of the first flower.

Then for a little added glitter I used my Perfect Pearls brush and dipped it into some red stickles and brushed it on the outside petals of the flowers. Once the brush is dry the stickles come right out.

I hope you enjoy making one of these for someone special and have fun watching them try and get to the chocolate!

Have a great day!'

Sara

2 comments:

StampingScrapping.com said...

Adorable Sara
LOVE the idea....
Hugs
Cindy

Sara said...

Thank you Cindy. Your comments really make my day!
Hugs
Sara